Monday, January 5, 2015

How it began

I am 39 years old.  11 years ago my husband asked me to marry him on my birthday.  I said yes on the terms that I would only marry him if he agreed to get married on New Year's Eve.  Sounded silly to him, and he asked me why.  See I'd been married twice before.  My response, a New Year, a New Beginning, a New Life.  I knew he was the one.  It had to be done right.  My daughter was almost 8.  He had never even dated a girl with a child, now he was asking for an instant family. BAM!!   Not an easy decision.  I've only known one other woman that married the man that was perfect for her, that is my mom.

After 11 years, some good, some bad we've grown into a relationship with God we never even dreamed was possible.  Which in turn gave us the opportunity to fall in love with each other even more, every day.

This blog is an idea of his.  Evidently, he believes I have things to share that other people might want to know.   So today, I begin my journey.  I'm not a writer, nor have I had the desire to be so.  However, I am a realist, and have the ability to look at the view from someone else's shoes almost too easily.  Very seldom do I have anything profound to say.  Again, my husband believes that I should jump on this ship and ride it out.  Why not right?  What do I have to lose?

1 comment:

  1. April, so glad to see that you've started blogging! Like it or not, you have just become a writer. 😉 Looking forward to reading more of your stories!

    ReplyDelete